I am the first to admit, I am addicted to the internet. My entire life revolves around not only my hobbies such as blogging and podcasting but my actual career in as a digital operations strategist & revenue analyst in the media tech space - kind of make it my life.
So I have learned the incredibly hard way the key is managing the time you spend on your phone. Now, we might find ourselves glued to it and the key is being intentional but sometimes we might want to distract ourselves. So I made a little tutorial for you on how to leverage the settings your iphone already comes with to enforce some self control.
Here are the step by step instructions on iphone
- Open up Settings
- Go to Screentime
- Select App Limits
- Select Add Limit
- Enter your phone Password
- Choose entire app category or select the arrow on the right of each to select individual app
- Select App or Category and click Next
- Enter the amount of MAXIMUM time you will give yourself on this app
- Select "Block at End of Limit" to ensure it's blocked and deter your use
- Select Save and PUT THE PHONE AWAY!
Hope this helps you take control of technology before it controls you. Let me know in the comments if you're struggling with tech and what you help with for the next how to.